Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The sh*t show that was: Isabel Marant for H&M

My sister Lee asked me to go to the Portland downtown H&M for the much-anticipated Isabel Marant collection which came out Thursday, November 14th. She has her own big time fashion production company in NYC and knew everything was sold out in Manhattan and already up on ebay at skyrocketing prices. I said, sure!






I sped on down early Friday afternoon avoiding Tween-Hour, confidently believing I'd find all two of her requested pieces and the much coveted fringe boots she said she'd buy me for my birthday.


Where the f*ck was it all? I asked the salesperson where was the Isabel Marant section? Stifling a chortle, she walked me over to a lone dress there on a hanger all by itself, the last runt of the litter, a size 12 metallic dress with a cutout back. Then she said, which I could've kissed her full on the mouth for, "You're kind of petite, maybe try the kids section??"
My face showed a case of the sads, which prompted her to add, "There was a line Wednesday night at midnight. People camped. We sold $40K and all but the one piece in the first two hours of the store opening." I texted my sister the bad news and she had this to say:
I love the part, "Jesus. Who knew pp in portland know about isabel marant?"
We know, dear sister, we know.  
And we have excellent camping equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment